Friday 17 April 2015

Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash mask: its good

I found another dupe. But its better. Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 is pretty much the same as Vichy's Normaderm 3 in 1 cleanser, but it doesn't contain the scrubby bits.


I didn't like the scrubby bits in Vichy's offering. Neutrogena's one doesn't have the scrubby bits so it isn't an exact dupe... but it is awesome. Oh, and its also less than half the price...



This is actually my 2nd tube of Visibly Clear 2-in1 wash mask. I found it in Tesco when I was looking for something else. 150ml tube costs €4.49, which is just less than half the price of the Vichy one and you get 25ml more! And just like the Vichy one, Visibly Clear also has a flippy-top and is soft enough to make it easy to get the actual product out. The white, grey and orange packaging is unisex and while its not gorgeous, it is clean and functional and my hubby uses it without asking if its for ladies only. And since its cheap enough... I don't mind if he uses it.


This smells and works exactly the same way as the Vichy one but it is white instead of pale green. Use a small blob (10c coin size) and rub it into damp skin, massage it about avoiding the eyes and then rinse it off. I like to use this in the mornings, the Kaolin  and Bentonite help to absorb any excess oil produced overnight and the salicyclic acid helps kill bacteria in any spots.


To use it as a mask (once or twice a week), I blob a bit into my palm then use an old foundation brush that I dampen slightly and paint a thin-ish layer onto my face, also avoiding my eyes, and I leave it on until its dry: about 5 to 10 minutes, then soak/wipe/rinse it off with a wet face cloth. I follow with toner and a good moisturiser as it can leave your skin feeling a little tight.


It is working nicely in conjunction with all my other products, and himself is rather fond of a clay based cleanser in general, so it gets his thumbs up too! The Kaolin and Bentonite provide enough of a scrub to get a good but gentle exfoliation going as well, so take advantage but giving yourself a good massage while you are using it.

And before you chuck it in the bin when you think its finished... cut the top off the tube and scrape out what is left... I discovered enough hanging on to the sides for a weeks worth of mornings of cleansing.

If you are looking for a budget clay based multi-tasking cleanser to help absorb excess oil and clear spots, give Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in1 wash mask a try, even if you don't like it, you wont have broken the bank...


**Purchased with my own money...opinion my own

2 comments:

  1. I have this and really like it. I searched for months to find a product which suited my skin and this one finally worked well for me especially since it is pretty gentle !. And I really love using the mask at the end of the week to relax :) Great post x

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitriona... I think because my hubby loves this I will always have a tube going in the house and it is a handy one to have, even if you just dot it onto a spot and leave it to do its job while you're making dinner...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...