Wednesday 30 July 2014

Rimmel London: Rock and Roll Lips and Eyes

Rimmel London: A staple that most girls cut their makeup teeth on, and even though I am no longer a girl, I still find myself browsing the Rimmel London stand and being mightily impressed with what they are producing. And at very very reasonable price points you can't go wrong if you pick up multiples of products you like. The Rimmel London Colour Rush Balm and the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks are pretty awesome.

I picked up these Colour Rush Balms in February 2014, I can't remember what I paid for them, but I do know that they are generally on offer (currently buy one get one half price at www.boots.ie ) and cost €7.99 at full price. Super comfortable colour, these are twist-up lip crayons with lovely hydrating lip balm formula and medium pigmentation. Its no lipstick, but its still gives good glossy colour.


I picked up Keep Mauving and Drive Me Nude hoping to have two different colours, and they are different colours in the bullet and when swatched. After 20 minutes on my lips these change colour though. Any notion of the original colour is gone and I'm left with a pink line around the outside of my lips. I don't mind it too much, but I do need to factor this in if I am planning on wearing these and make sure I have them close at hand at all times.


Thankfully they don't dry lips out (as some of the previous lip crayons may have) and won't catch in dry patches on lips either. Re-application of these two colours is easy peasy on the go, just smoosh it onto lips, moosh said lips together and go. Smoosh. Moosh Go.

Top: Keep Mauving,         Bottom : Drive Me Nude

These Rimmel London ScandalEyes Shadow Sticks are not new, but they are awesome. €5.99 is the damage for a single pencil but its soooo worth it. Technically I didn't buy these, I won them from the wonderfully gorgeous Hayley (London Beauty Queen) in April 2014. And I have a sneaky suspicion that these 3 shades were limited edition as I can't find them anywhere else...



Bluffing is a metallic taupey colour that I adore. Trespassing Taupe is a matte taupe, and its perfect. Bootleg Brown is a deep rich brown and these three colours, together are my perfect dirty sexy grungy eye. I LOVE THEM!


This is the look I posted on Instagram. Its the only time I've every properly managed to get a smokey sexy eye and have my hair and skin play ball at the same time.


And do you want to know what I did after I took these pictures? I put on a pair of big ass sunglasses and my jeans and I took my kids to the park.

 I'm so (not) rock and roll...


3 comments:

  1. I love the scandal eyes. I had bootleg brown and was wearing it every day but I lost it somewhere around the house and it's driving me mad!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...